A washing machine is one of those appliances that nearly everyone has in their homes. It can be used to clean clothes, but it can also do many other tasks, such as cleaning rugs or blankets. Even though a washing machine is a very common appliance, it does have a number of different parts and components that can eventually break down. That being said, even if you don’t know the first thing about repairing your own washing machine – or any appliance for that matter – there are plenty of professionals who can help you with whatever problems you might face.
One type of problem that often occurs with an appliance like this is leaking from the door. This means that water may begin dripping from the bottom of the washer whenever it goes through a cycle or the machine may not fill with water when you attempt to wash your clothes. Fortunately, this is a problem that can be fixed relatively easily by an appliance maintenance service in town.
Once the washing machine has been unplugged and turned off:
· Make sure that there isn’t any standing water in the drum and that none will drip out when you remove the side panel of your washer.
· Look for screws along the inside bottom edge of the front panel and remove them using a screwdriver. Then, slide off the plastic faceplate from over your control dials. Some machines use clips instead of screws here so make sure you aren’t forcing anything before trying to pry off these parts.
· Have a helper lift the washing machine lid upward while you remove your front panel. This way you can lay it out on top of the machine and avoid having to hold it up for any length of time.
· Look at your timer or dials and figure out where exactly the leak seems to be coming from. For example, if there is water dripping down beneath the bottom edge of one of the sealed washer doors, then you will need to replace this drain hose gasket: Door Washer Hose Gasket. Otherwise, check around all of the other seals that might have come loose or fallen off.
· Once you have determined what type of part needs to be replaced in order to solve the leak, go online or call your appliance repair service in town and they can explain exactly how to replace it.
· If you need any extra parts besides what should already be included with the new seal (usually a rubber O-ring), make sure that these are purchased separately before beginning this project.
Call Us Today!
At our company, we are experts when it comes to washing machine repair. We can help you with any problems that might arise and show you exactly how the problem is being caused so that it doesn’t happen again in the future. Call us today for more information on our services or to schedule an appointment.